Session Date: March 2, 2018
Session Time: 10:00 am – 1:00 pm PST
Location: Nelson Hardiman Conference Facilities, West Los Angeles
Pricing: $75 for Non-Members / $50 for AATA Members
Register by phone at (888) 958-2282
There are nearly 30 new laws in California that affect the workplace in 2018. The addiction treatment industry isn’t immune from these new regulations controlling the employment relationship. Are you compliant?
Employment law isn’t a place where you can take chances, ‘wing it’, or ‘learn on the fly’. One bad decision with the wrong employee and you’re dealing with administrative headaches, costly litigation, and more. And when you fail to implement the right policies company-wide — or implement the wrong ones — the results can be disastrous.
This seminar will give you the basic ‘nuts and bolts’ background to employment practices to help you navigate this complicated world. You will learn some basic information on:
- best practices for hiring: how to attract and retain good employees
- the basics of the employee / employer relationship
- wage and hour obligations
- when it’s time to outsource our HR and payroll services
- harassment training, especially in the wake of the #MeToo movement
- employee claims of discrimination, retaliation, and wrongful termination
- non-compete and non-solicitation agreements for when employees leave
- protection of confidential patient information and trade secrets from unhappy or departing employees
- We’ll also highlight a few of the most recent changes in California labor law.