The evolving cannabis industry is a growth sector funded by investors attracted by the high-risk/high-reward opportunities offered by the cultivation, distribution, and sale of legal marijuana. Nelson Hardiman combines nearly a decade of hands-on experience shaping the path of California marijuana laws with a deep bench of transactional talent handling sophisticated corporate transactions.
We are uniquely qualified to advise marijuana business investors in a burgeoning industry beset by a wide array of legal challenges. Nelson Hardiman offers investors strategic counsel based on our pioneering experience, regulatory insight and in-depth industry knowledge. We navigate the ever-shifting patchwork of local rules and regulations to help investors gain a foothold in the emerging multibillion-dollar cannabis industry.
Our Work Includes:
- Investors Worked on many sophisticated transactions, advising clients on M&A deals, partnership disputes and litigation involving regulatory violations.
- Land Acquisition Negotiated the land acquisition on behalf of a client of a several hundred-acre ranch in Humboldt County for a marijuana venture.
- Licensing Founded MMLG, a compliance consulting company specializing in navigating state and local licensing processes for cannabis-related businesses.
- Mergers & Acquisitions Completed numerous acquisitions of cannabis dispensaries.
- Start-ups Advised on raising capital to fund business start-up, growth and operations.