Nelson Hardiman is proud to have strengthened our transactional practice with leading senior corporate finance attorneys from large firms who have enabled us to offer an unrivaled quality of advice in structuring and negotiating transactions. Banks and lenders, in addition to healthcare providers and private equity groups, frequently turn to Nelson Hardiman to address financing issues in healthcare and life science transactions.
The financial acumen of Nelson Hardiman is at the core of our ability to help our healthcare and life sciences clients succeed in competitive and evolving markets. We have helped our clients access the capital markets to gain the fuel to drive many next-generation healthcare ideas and initiatives to realization.
Our corporate finance skills are also an outgrowth of Nelson Hardiman’s adept operational and turnaround work for hospitals and healthcare systems. We apply this same expertise for all healthcare providers, professionals, and start-ups to gain the edge in capital transactions. As a consequence, Nelson Hardiman has become a go-to firm when capital raising is required.
Our Work Includes:
- Entity Formation Formed over five hundred entities, corporations of all types, LLCs, PLLCs, LPs, trusts, and non-profits, together with governance documents to support regular business operations, financing, and mergers.
- Factoring Counseled and documented various factoring and ABL lines for medical groups, hedge funds, and lenders.
- Financings Closed over 50 financings, collateralized, secured, unsecured, including bank rate and oil price hedging obligations, and credit swaps of various kinds, of over $1 million dollars to over $25 billion dollars.
- HUD Financings Documented financing for $25 million bridge to HUD lending from private lender to health care facility; completed over a dozen HUD 242 and related applications for financing clients.
- Merger Cases Advised on Clayton Act and Sherman Act merger cases, defended Section 7 cases in US District Court, made HSR and related filings, handled extensive Second Requests, and CIDs.
- Pharmacy and Laboratory Acquisitions Counseled on over two dozen pharmacy acquisitions and laboratory acquisitions, handling CHOWs and regulatory approvals; counseled on 340B program requirements for structuring cash flows in certain pharmacy acquisitions.
- Private Placements for Cannabis Markets Recently documented over 40 private placement memoranda, creating complex investment structure into high-risk new markets involving cannabis business.